Depending on your perspective, any time of year is the best time of year for a beach wedding in Florida!
That being said, there are some times that are better than others for holding your perfect beach wedding ceremony.
Along the Emerald Coast, April, May, June, September, and October are the most popular times for having a beach wedding.
Reasons To Do Winter Beach Weddings In Florida
Many brides and grooms do not think about having a beach wedding in the fall and winter months from October through February, however, those months are the very best time of year for a beach wedding in Florida for the following reasons.
- One reason why November is such a wonderful time to come to Florida to have a beach wedding is because the weather is amazing. It is very nice and humidity is way down.
- During these months, the rates for accommodations are at a huge discount and you can get a house right on the beach for a fraction of the cost. This allows you to hold your beach wedding in front of the house and follow it with the reception around the pool area or on the beach.
- There are lots of properties that have nice pool areas and work out great for just this very reason.
- It is still very warm in October, November and December and there are hardly any tourists.
- On the beach the weather is so beautiful and the sunsets are just amazing because there is no haze in the air so it makes for a pretty spectacular event.
- The brides all look beautiful on the beach in front of the sunset having their sunset beach wedding along the coast in Florida.
- December beach weddings can be festive. There are lots of decorations for Christmas already up and so you can do a lot of planning for your beach wedding and you can do some different colors in the month of December like a red and white color scheme to go with Christmas.
- The winds do not blow nearly as hard as say the spring months.
- You avoid the "rainy season" in the summer where almost every afternoon there are thunderstorms.
- January and February are the quietest months for a beach wedding because of the temperatures. Keep in mind, though, even though the beach can be chilly in the winter months, if you are tired of snow, it can be a great time to head to Florida for your wedding! The Florida Panhandle temperatures hover around the 50s and 60s, the beaches are quiet because the tourists are snow-bound up north, the holidays are over, and Spring Break hasn't kicked in yet - you'll have that endless expanse of white sand beach all to yourself.
One note of caution to keep in mind is that hurricane season runs from June 1st through November 30th: the later in the season, the higher the chance for hurricanes or tropical storms. June and July are generally calm, while mid-August through the end of October are the most active months for hurricanes.
One of our brides had her wedding in the first week of December when the temperature was a perfect 75 degrees.
She planned her reception at a beach house and had a heated pool. After all the photos were taken, the groom and the bride went for a swim in their wedding clothes. All the guests just loved it and we got some great photos of the two of them splashing around in the pool!
In the end, it all comes down to the fact that the best time of year for a beach wedding in Florida is the time that is best for you!
Take a look at our wedding packages - we know that we can give you a beautiful wedding on the beach!